A hackneyed summary of good things
As I was doing research on cloud computing, I was struck by the level of information that is available about the subject. In particular I was impressed by the people who were able to summarize some of the key benefits of cloud computing.
If you were a business that was considering whether to join the cloud computing bandwagon or not, this would be a tester of what could be. I have borrowed some of the ideas that have been exhorted in the various articles about cloud computing and have come up with a tentative list of the things that would benefit a company upon the implementation of a cloud computing system.
Obviously there is a recognition that each company will benefit slightly differently depending on their idiosyncratic process but generally these points go across the spectrum of business activity.
The business need for cloud computing
- Cloud computing will release members of staff from the burdens to attempting to grapple with the information technology systems. This responsibility can be passed on to an external organization under a cloud computing arrangement. This means that the organization will be able to focus attention on the core business activities that it has set for itself.
- The cost element of the cloud computing project should never be underestimated. In house computer technology systems can be quite expensive in terms of time and resources. With cloud computing some of the inefficiencies such as idle time are eliminated.
- The implementation of a cloud computing project will allow the organization to use its employees in very imaginative was because they are able to access IT software packages from remote locations. This is about improving flexibility in work practice.
- Without the challenges of licenses and equipment, cloud computing means that you can implement most projects easily. Efforts can then be directed to ensuring the smooth operation of those projects rather than wasting valuable time on lengthy implementation.
- The security that comes with remote access systems within the cloud computing package ensures that you can share data for business purposes without too much worry. This is one of the facilitation advantages of the system.
- For those organizations which are struggling with the creation of a viable storage and backup facility, cloud computing can increase the capacity in an instant. This increases the range of activities that the organization can carry out.
- There is much more allowance for the effective allocation of company resources under the cloud computing arrangements. The outsourcing of a key business task such as information technology allows this to happen.
- Because of the fact of outsourced information technology, there is less environmental impact from the local hardware outfits. This is a global as well as local benefit of cloud computing.
- The businesses can customize the cloud computing models to fit their ambitions and general brand image. This is the great value that the scheme can add to the appropriateness of technology to the business activities that an organization specializes in.
- Collaborative working methods are enhanced by the presence of cloud computing. Therefore the work initiatives of the business can be easily realized.